Friday, July 07, 2006

Chiune Sugihara



I've watched one documentary on SBS on the other day. It was about Chiune Sugihara who was Japanese diplomat. During World War II, he kept issueing visas to refugees and saved the lives of more than 6.000 Jews. In spite of that , he was sucked because of that reason. Actually, I don't know much about the history cuz I didnt study when I was supposed to study at school. So I dont know the relationship between Japan and other countries at that time. What's more, I dont even know what he did affected the world in what area and what ways and how controversial it was. But only I know for sure is what he did was something that all people should do in everday life. He didnt save the lives of Jews out of any expectation for something in return. In this documentary, people asked Chiune 'why did you just keep doing that with taking a risk of your carreer?' but this question didnt seem to make any sense to him because there was only one thing in his mind that was 'Do what right cuz it's right'. There was no reason for him to do that. It is so hard to do somthing for people with taking a risk but it certainly does make this world better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Podcast said...

I love SBS.
And documentarys.
Esp about WW2.
Nice Blogging!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Takuya said...

Me too.
I found the documentarys very intersting.
It's also good way for me to learn things.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Takuya said...

thanks!

I agree with you. it is difficult. but i think if everyone has the same kind mind, no one would have that fear.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home