Thursday, August 31, 2006

Several people, several minds


I found it interesting that everyone feels defferently about the sound even if it is the same sound.

For example, I do not mind if music is going or television is on and I can hear the sound while I am studying. I can still concentrate studying most of the time. I do not mind if someone takes shower and I can hear the sound of water running while I am sleeping in the middle of the night or early in the morning. I can still sleep confortably. I do not care at all. I dont consider those sounds as noise. But some people do hate hearing those sounds while they are studying or sleeping. Although I dont care about those sounds, I do care sound of people chatting alot and traffic noise.

I started recognising these thing, how people feel about the same sound, since i came here living with many people coming from different countries and culture background. And now i think there is tendency that people consider as noise depends on the culture and where you are form. What i found is, no evidence though, that Western people more likely to hate the sound of the water in the night time or early morning but Asian are not likely to. I will keep on researching on this topic and tell you the findings.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Podcast said...

Interesting topic.
I hate the sound of taps dripping!
Maybe it's wetter in most asian countries???

6:55 PM  
Blogger Meita Win said...

I agree with peter, I dun like the sound of the water drip too, except for the sound of water from the sky

:) rain

nice to read your blog, Takuya
*shakehand*

12:21 PM  
Blogger Takuya said...

really?? that sound makes me even comforatble and sleepy!!
that's right! especialy in Australia there is not much water so people are not used to the sound of water, may be!

simungil>
thanks for leaving a coment for my blog Simungli!
I looked at ur blog too. *shake hand*

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home